2.18.2014

Hello February ❤

Heyyo peeps! 
If you've read my previous post then you know that I've been posting the leftover posts in my drafts back in 2013 :O
In my defense, I usually just write down my main idea and elaborate it afterwards 
I've got plenty of ideas but not enough time to elaborate those :(
But I'm all done now! :)
My draft is finally clear! 
So now it's gonna be a up-to-date blog :
Except for this one too cause the internet connection keeps going down :(
Now let's travel back to the 1st of February hahaha! :D
January 2014
I really don't have much conclusion for it
Mainly because it passed by too quickly 
All I can recall is that my family and I celebrated New Years together
Then I started the second semester in university 
A week ago I bought the train tickets to come home for Chinese New Year :)
And BAM! It's February :O
So I guess it's a good idea to keep a blog :D

According to the Chinese tradition,
The family would all gather around and have a reunion dinner 
It's kinda like Thanksgiving :)
Just that instead of turkey we have almost everything you can find in the morning market 
As for usual family there's gonna be chicken, pork, prawns, meat, fish, veggie and soup :D 
This would be the time where the grandmother/mother in the family would serve their best dish 
And for certain ethnicities for say Hokkiens,
We would stay up until midnight to celebrate the first day of Chinese New Year and perform prayers mostly for good healthy and wealth throughout the year :) 
After that it's all visiting relatives and a lot of food and soda :D

Speaking of Chinese New Year
I remember this scene vividly in my head 
A few years back when my grandma was alive 
We would all go to her house to celebrate the second day of Chinese New Year :)
My grandma has 7 children so the family is really huge :D
Before I step into the house I'll hear laughter
Then my relatives would come up and hand me red packets and seasons greetings would be exchanged 
I'll meet up with all my cousins and we would talk about everything 
My grandma would prepare some food in the kitchen and make sure no one's on a empty stomach 
Later on the house would be converted to Vegas mode :D
The elders will be playing Mahjong while the youngsters will be playing poker 
Even the kids will be playing simple card games :)
There will also be a chatting corner everywhere and literally everyone will be occupied :)
During all that we'll be munching on my grandma's homemade snacks 
And there will be peeled off mandarin oranges around
Time will fly on that day and my grandma will be announcing dinner time 
Then it's gonna be a huge dinner that feeds approximately 35 people 
There's gonna be a table for the elders, a table for the teenagers and a table for the kids 
My grandma is great cook everyone loves the food she prepared :) 
Even though this scene can never be relived again
I will never forget the amount of happiness I see in everyone's face :)
I really miss you grandma.

I'm sorry that this post suddenly go all personal
Just wanted to share with you guys my POV on Chinese New Year :) 

Alright I guess that's all for this post
Wishing all of you a Happy Chinese New Year! :)
May the year of the horse bring you health, wealth and prosperity :D

XOXOXOXOXOXO
karman.hearts

0 comments: