3.08.2015

Hello Taiwan ❤ D1

Heyyo peeps!
The guilt finally come crashing so I'm dragging my lazy butt to blog about this trip :D
Before I begin, here's answer to a question from a friend.
Why do I refer my readers to peeps?
Is it a short form to people?
Well there's actually a cute explanation to it :)

According to wikipedia, peeps are marshmallow candies, sold in the United States and Canada, that are shaped into chicks, bunnies, and other animals.
Look how cute it is!
A bunny peep cake!
Ya'll sweet sweet peeps  

Moving on! 
So this trip actually means a lot to me
This is my first backpack trip abroad with my one of my best friends :D
This is also her first trip abroad so I was really worried about screwing it up
But thank goodness we both had a lot of fun and loved it!
We even promised to visit again soon! <3

This wasn't exactly a planned ahead trip cause a month before our departure,
Like always Michelle and I were aimlessly browsing through the net in the living room
I found out that AirAsia was having some promo flight deal
And the promotion ends the next day
Our conversation went like this

Me: Honey you know AirAsia is having a promo fare thing
Mich: Yeah? 
Me: Yeah. You know how we've never done anything fun ever since we started university? Wouldn't it be cool to travel abroad?
Mich: I don't know man. How much would it cost?
Me: Let me check. Apparently the to-and-fro ticket to Taiwan is only RM900 per person
Mich: Woah, that's considered cheap isn't it?
Me: Yeah wanna do it?
Mich: Yeah, what the hell. Let's do it! 

After calling our parents we paid the next day!
You know that little voice inside your head that demands you to think rationally? 
We completely blocked that voice :P
You only live once :)

A week before our departure we went to the 12fly website and booked the hotel and a 1 day trip to the tourist hotspots :) 
We don't want to miss anything in Taiwan but we would also love to explore Taiwan on our own so we compromised with a 1 day city tour and 3 days of free and easy :D
Our trip also fell on the first few week of the KLIA2 opening.
So we're proud to say that we're one of the first that used the new airport!
Unlike our expectations, the new airport is huge but rather empty
Like it's not fully ready for the public yet
But we're just there to catch the flight, so I guess it's not such a big deal
At least they have Subway sandwiches there :D
We took the KLIA Express to the airport. It's way cheaper compared to taking a cab because there's only 2 of us and its also way faster.
It's only RM35 to the airport in 33 minutes! And the ride was smooth :)
For the first timers, selfies are a must! :D

DAY ONE 
5 hours and a plane meal later and here we are!  

Our day technically started in Taiwan because our flight reached TaoYuan Airport in the middle of the night. The driver was gonna pick us up around 8am so there's a few hours to kill there.
So... like all normal human beings, we eat.. again HAHAHAHAH! 
Pork sandwich and apple milk
Steamboat!

Got this from the 7-11 at Taoyuan Airport. I gotta say... 
Our 7-11 sucks compared to theirs
There's so much more food in their 7-11 and there's 24/7 steamboat and fresh meals
And their food and drinks are way cheaper, and nicer  
There are also lots of promotion going on in the store
No wonder my friend who's studying in Taiwan said she could live off 7-11  
For the next few days in Taiwan, we checked into 7-11 at least once a day lol!
That shows how much we loved it #truelove HAHAHAHHA!

So after feeding ourselves we registered for the free wifi services in the airport.
Thank you Taiwan. I cannot describe how grateful I am for this.
Wifi services and charging station. Perfect.

A few hours of going online and looking into the maps of Taipei later, the driver arrived and dropped us at our hotel in Ximending  
Michelle and I decided to live in the Ximending area because according to the internet this seems to be the fun area of Taipei and we loved it!
Leo Hotel, a small but nice room  
The receptionist was very nice, she let us checked in even though it's not 12pm yet and recommended a few places for us to visit 

We didn't want to waste any time because who needs sleep when there's a whole new city waiting for you to explore? 
So Michelle and I freshened up and walked around the Ximending area
We realized that most of the places don't open until around 12pm
I can't help but think that Taipei city is meant for young people
After walking around we saw it
We saw the famous fried chicken shop
It's HaoDaDa fried chicken and it's huge!
And really nice too!

After wandering around for I went to visit and reunite with one of my best friends from primary school for lunch, she came to Taiwan for tertiary studies and we haven't seen each other for 8 years!
I was really excited to meet her  
So we took the MRT to Taipei 101 station
It was raining a little that day and it took some time before we found each other lol!
We went to Taipei 101 had our lunch at Mos Burger
It's a fast food chain from Japan and instead of using bread for the burger, they used rice.
Yep. You didn't read that wrong. RICE
As weird as that sounds, it's actually really nice!
It's like having a Chinese cuisine wrapped up in a burger form hahahah!
It looks good and it tastes even better 
 
 Here's a cute thing that I wanna share with you guys, instead of giving you a number when you have to wait for you order, they give you this small thing that would flash and vibrate once your order is done. Pretty cool, huh?

After that we went to a really cool sky lounge version Starbucks outlet that requires a permit to enter. Fancy enough.
Here's the cool permit that you'll need
But it's all worth it. Look at the view! It's a really nice place to catch up with your friends or go on a coffee date 
Here's Suyi ❤ 

Can't believe not much has changed and we could still talk about almost everything
I really miss this girl :)
I also seriously miss the good old days that we had
We were gonna go visit another primary school friend, Gary in DanShui but he couldn't make it at the last minute. Well, there's always a second chance :)

So after the coffee date we decided to spend more time with each other so she brought us to her campus :D
Suyi is studying in the Taipei Medicine University. So because of her we got to walk around her campus! :)
The facilities are amazing in her campus, they have all sort of sport facilities, a swimming pool and even a jacuzzi
I had to fight the urge to not strip there and then and jump right into it :O
After that we met her dorm mates who're really nice and hard working, they have way too many books on their tables and it made me feel a little guilty, lol!
There's also a nice view of the Taipei 101 station from her dorm rooftop :)
Stupid phone camera made it look really blur but it's actually a really nice view :D

Then we went to the night market near her campus which I don't remember the name of, but it's just right beside the campus and we ate so many snacks... again :P
This is one of the stalls which I love 
They have the sour version of french fries!
And there's also the salted version of fried chicken 
Guess what I saw after eating all those snacks?
Mr J restaurant! It's from my favourite singer, Jay Chou 
I can't believe it's right in front of me but I'm too full to take another bite of food
I seriously wished for a bigger stomach that day
Well maybe another day, another time :(

After that Suyi sent us back to Ximending
We were gonna take the bike but taking the bus seemed like a smarter choice since I'm always having problems with directions
There's a lot of ubike stations in Taipei. It's like renting a bike with a small amount of money and you can just park it at any ubike station near your destination :)
Too bad we weren't familiar with the roads there, so we took the MRT most of the time, well maybe next time :)

That's all for Day one
I was planning to update Day one and two together but blogging about this makes me really want to go back to Taiwan and hungry so I'm gonna go get some food and continue ASAP :D

XOXOXOXOXOXO
karman.hearts

0 comments: